Black & Blum Active Charcoal Water Filter x 4
Two years’ worth of charcoal using a traditional Japanese Binchotan method for cleaner tasting water.
- Removes Chlorine
- Adds Minerals
- Natural Water Filter lasts for 6 months
- It makes tap water taste clean, clear and delicious
- x4 Binchotan active charcoal filters (6 months life each)
- Vacuum packed individually, pre-washed and ready to use immediately
- Can be used in any jug or bottle (*minimum spout opening 30mm / 1.2in)
- Charcoal is an incredibly dense material, so please take care when dropping into glass bottles & jugs, we recommend only adding once bottle/jug is full
- Our charcoal is made from natural wood sticks and dimensions vary (15 to 28mm diameter, maximum length 118mm)
WHY CHARCOAL FOR FILTERING
Charcoal is an active carbon, meaning it attracts impurities like chlorine and holds them to its surface, away from the water you drink. Japan has been using charcoal to purify and soften water for centuries.
HOW DO I USE IT TO FILTER WATER?
Simply take the charcoal from it’s packaging and place it into any bottle, jug or vessel and fill with tap water. You will notice an improvement in taste after about an hour.
DOES IT EVER STOP WORKING?
Binchotan charcoal has about a 6-month life, however if you should notice a decline in taste at 3 months, you can simply boil it in water for 10 minutes. This will reactivate the active ions within the charcoal and enable it to continue filtering impurities for another 3 months.
WHAT TO DO IF IT BREAKS?
If your charcoal has broken, don’t worry, it will still work fine. However, if you’d prefer to buy another, you can still use the broken pieces in many different ways.